Reading Questions Due BEFORE Friday’s Class
- Describe the specific ethical difficulties in this case. Explain as though the person reading your answer has not read the article.
- Explain which of the 4 bioethical principles are relevant to the case. Explain your appraisal.
- Which of the principles do you think should take precedence and why?
In-Class Discussion Questions
- What are the basic elements of informed voluntary consent. Hint: CoDUVCo.
- Explain in a sentence or two what each one means.
- Give 2 examples for each one that would indicate that the patient fails that criteria.
- Discuss your answers to reading questions (2) and (3). Reach a consensus and submit the group’s consensus.
- What is “insight”?
- What are at least two reasons why someone might deny their diagnosis?
- Did Linda Bishop have insight? Defend your answer.