Reading Questions for pp. 38-46
- Explain ju yoku go o seisu (softness controls hardness).
- Why does if fail to give a complete account of all the techniques of jiu jitsu?
- Explain seiryoku zenyo in the abstract.
- Explain its role with respect to which of the techniques (waza) of judo were selected from jiu jitsu, why certain techniques were discarded, and why certain techniques were created.
- Explain how it applies as a basic principle of defense.
- Explain how it applies as a basic principle of offense.
- Explain what how to apply it to training.
Reading Questions for pp. 60-62, 65-67
- Explain Kano’s two categories of knowledge.
- How does seiryoku zenyo allow us to achieve balance between the two categories
- What aspect of training is usually deficient?